Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Two quick dinner questions

I imagine that the answer to my first question is on here somewhere but I have yet to find it so here goes...





1. What%26#39;s the proper attire for lunch at Jules Verne? I believe coat and tie for dinner and am assuming same for lunch as well? (I will be there at the end of April).





2. What is the correct French word for the herb %26quot;dill%26quot;? I have seen two so I want to be sure. My partner is alergic to dill so I want to be sure to avoid it.





I love this forum and have found it so helpful in planning my 8 day trip. It will be my second time, though the first was about 20 years ago - so really the first. I am semi-fluent so very much looking forward to soaking up the city and culture.




|||



Can%26#39;t help with the %26#39;dill%26#39; but here%26#39;s a couple of threads on Jules Verne (same question)





tripadvisor.com/…5867796





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k62160…





tripadvisor.com/…239780





the %26#39;search%26#39; feature is your %26#39;friend%26#39; :D




|||



1) L%26#39;Aneth



2) You won%26#39;t be out of place in a jacket and tie.




|||



Dill I beleive is d%26#39;aneth, but you should of course confirm that as they may use another term.




|||





If you see %26quot;aneth%26quot; it means dill which is often used on fish such as salmon....but also if you see %26quot; aneth doux%26quot; that means fennel (fenouil).




|||



Thank you all for your help. I can%26#39;t wait to get there!




|||



My recommendation is that you absolutely forego eating at Jules Verne restaurant. Other than the view, it%26#39;s a total ripoff.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, August 25, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment