Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spa

I am looking for a day spa for my husband and i to get couples massages - any suggestions?




|||



The FourSeasons George V has a very extensive spa menu which includes a couple%26#39;s massage:







www.fourseasons.com/paris/spa/massages.html





Les




|||



We have been to les Bain du Marais a few times over the years.





This past xmas I treated my husband to the full %26#39;spa experience%26#39; - steam/gommage/massage (about 3 hours in all)





They have lady days, men days and couple days - on mixed days you must wear a swimsuit in the steam rooms. It%26#39;s open until quite late.





It is really quite a lovely place but not cheap. It%26#39;s on Rue des Blancs Manteaux and here%26#39;s the website (french only).







http://www.lesbainsdumarais.com/bdm_site.html




|||



Thanks!





do you know of any close to the Novotel Effiel




|||



This is a question for janesatelier. I looked at the site for -les bains du marais. It looks lovely. Would it be dificult for a non French speaking person (like myself) to have a nice time there? It sems like a great idea for a Monday when all of the museums are closed. I%26#39;m sure I could have our hotel make the reservation, but once I got there would it be an issue? Also 35 euros doesn%26#39;t seem like much for a massage? Am I missing something?




|||



Hi Minko,





Each time I have been the guys on the front desk speak some english. My husband goes alone and speaks no french at all, except the usual %26#39;bonjour%26#39; and %26#39;merci%26#39;. I have not had a problem telephoning for an appointment and never feel %26#39;out of place%26#39; there.





The 35 EU, I believe is for half hour and doesn%26#39;t include the Hammam/Sauna. We usually get one of the full packages:





%26#39;Journee Beaute Soins du Corps%26#39; 130EU



Hammam/Sauna first then Gommage then a long oiled Massage 130EU.





or the %26#39;Journee Beaute%26#39; package 70EU:



Hammam/Sauna + Gommage + shorter Massage





If you look on the website under %26#39;Formules%26#39; you%26#39;ll see the different packages.





The %26#39;Gommage%26#39; is when they scrub your body with what feels like a yard broom but is actually a rough mitt. You won%26#39;t believe how soft your skin feels after.





They have lockers for your %26#39;stuff%26#39; and provide robes, towels, slippers etc. There is a wonderful %26#39;relaxing%26#39; room to take a nap in afterward and a nice cafe to have tea or something. We found the place by accident about 5 years ago and now make it a point to go at least once each year.





%26gt;%26gt;This is a question for janesatelier. I looked at the site for -les bains du marais. It looks lovely. Would it be dificult for a non French speaking person (like myself) to have a nice time there? It sems like a great idea for a Monday when all of the museums are closed. I%26#39;m sure I could have our hotel make the reservation, but once I got there would it be an issue? Also 35 euros doesn%26#39;t seem like much for a massage? Am I missing something?%26lt;%26lt;




|||



%26lt;%26lt; Monday when all of the museums are closed.%26gt;%26gt; ALthough some museums are clsed Monday, MOST of them are closed Tuesday, but OPEN Mondays.




|||



Thanks Jane!



Thanks Phred!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:23 am, August 17, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment