Thursday, March 29, 2012

Advice Needed on getting family of four from GDN to Hotel

Hi - My family (husband, 21 year old son, 9 year old daughter) will be arriving in Paris at the Gard du Nord. We are coming on the Eurostar from London at the end of May for a four days before going on to Rome to visit family. My question to all of you is how would you suggest is the best way to get my travelling party to our hotel in the 16th Arrondissement? We will each have at least one suitcase and one carry on type bag or pack pack. I am thinking we may be too big of a party for a taxi, but I want to get your input??? Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Please let me know, and thanks in advance for your kindness.




|||



I take the metro with my family (kids 9 and 12) but we are used to it and pack lightly. If your bags are large, take a taxi. They do have cabs big enough for your family.




|||



Thanks for the info on taxi size. We would take the metro, but the metro stop is a bit far from our hotel from what I understand. I had a rather nasty ankle injury this last December and I am just now walking without crutches so %26#39;hoofing it%26#39; with baggage would be a little hard. I want to not push it too much this trip.





We have also been lucky enough to travel quite a bit with our kids so they are really good about being able to get around all over the place fairly well. It is just %26#39;old mom%26#39; who is the issue this time around.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, August 27, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment