Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Icelandair

We are flying Icelandair to Paris in Septembre, does anyone have good things to say about icelandair? The scary things we will i sure find out for ourselves.






|||



I flew Icelandair from Paris to Iceland and back. Very professional airline, no problems.




|||



I%26#39;m flying Icelandair this June from Baltimore to Paris. I%26#39;ll let you know how it goes. You sure cant beat their prices right now compared to everyone else. I saved about $600 on two tickets!




|||



http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/icelr.htm




|||



I%26#39;ve flown Icelandair to Paris twice and had no problem. In fact, the experiences have been better than with Delta and Amer Airlines. You%26#39;ll be fine.




|||



Although not to Paris, we have flown Icelandair to Scandinavia four times in the late 90s, early 2000s. It is an efficient, clean airline. Leaves on time and arives on time. Luggage also arrives! We always had to change in Reykavik which is a small airport with a good cafeteria with excellent food and a couple of small shops. If you have enough layover time they have a free trip to the Blue Lagoon. Airline staff is courteous and speaks good English.




|||



That%26#39;s actually a good point to make. I think all their flights stop over in Reykavik (sp?) because it%26#39;s the hub.




|||



Yes, I%26#39;ve flown to Germany several times on Iceland Air and was pleased.



And one time I was able to take advantage of the free bus ride to the Blue Lagoon. I%26#39;ll never forget the experience of swimming in that warm light blue water in the middle of November!!




|||



Hi Macnabb, we are flying to Frankfurt on Icelandair from Mpls. on May 30th and I was wondering the same thing! It sounds like it will be fine........I will post a trip report when we get back.




|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt; That%26#39;s actually a good point to make. I think all their flights stop over in Reykavik (sp?) because it%26#39;s the hub.





Actually, they stop there because the $$ and €€ that people spend there contribute significantly to the GNP. Sometime in the early 80%26#39;s, some dude got bonked in the head with the amazing idea that if you undercut everyone else%26#39;s airfare, only requiring a quick little stopover, you%26#39;d get tons of people that would otherwise NEVER THINK of going to Iceland, and they could totally make up the difference with the money people would spend at the airport and, in many cases, the overnights people added....I mean, hey, why not check the place out...sounds interesting, it%26#39;s on the way.....




|||



I never thought of that ArrowCapet. Makes sense. I%26#39;ve read a lot of articles in the travel section over the last few years about Rekjavik (I can never spell that without peeking and I%26#39;m not going to this time:) and it gets lots of good press. Young people especially seem to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment