Thursday, March 29, 2012

Teenage shopper in Paris

Have been reading alll your postings and they are great but I need a solid lead on where to take a teenage shpaholic in Paris that fits her style without looking to American, doesn%26#39;t blow my plastic and that I can enjoy as well. She also loves jewelry.






|||



Bring her to the shops along the Blvd St. Michel...most of them are trendy and for young women.



A lot of people also like Zara, which you can find on the Champs Elysees. It%26#39;s originally a Spanish store but big in Paris.



Kookai is big with young girls. As is Morgan and La City.





Les




|||



Hmmmm.......Your teenager sounds like me, only she%26#39;s 4 decades younger. I%26#39;m sure she%26#39;ll find something she likes in Zara. I%26#39;m quite familiar with it since we have it here in Israel too, and the prices aren%26#39;t bad at all.




|||



My daughter and I just got back. She%26#39;s 13 going on 16. Liked Etam near the BHV on rue de Rivoli and loved Promod, various locations including near the BHV and also near the Opera house. Loved window shopping at the Bon Marche designer boutiques tho nothing purchase there. Good luck and have a great trip.




|||



Please adopt me. I want to become a shopoholic on your plastic too! LOL



To avoid looking %26quot; too American, %26quot; I guess that means the GAP is out LOL



I remember shopping down the Champs and finding lots of trendy stores along there, perhaps it is different now, I don%26#39;t shop much now. My 14 yr old son and I did shop for jeans for him, found some for about 150 dollars, and they were NOT the expensive ones!!!!!!!!!!!! I got off easy with a boy, you have a girl, second mortgage I%26#39;m thinking, unless you explain right now about the %26quot; conversion%26quot; !





Good luck and remember Paris is more then shopping, keep her busy at sights and hopefully you won%26#39;t have to sell your kidney to get her jewels too!!! LOL




|||



I too am taking my daughter in 3 weeks time and need advice on where you can get cheap retro vintage style stuff from, are there any markets and if so on what days, many thanks




|||



Try rue Etienne Marcel too. Specifically there is a Lollipops store that, on a recent trip, the 16 yr-old I was with went crazy for. She bought stuff for herself as well as all her friends there. And by all acounts, all the gifts were a raging success. I found it a lot of fun shopping with a teenager in Paris.




|||



Actually the Gap is incredibly popular in Paris. I have some 16 - 20 year old family friends in France who are rarely without their Gap tee-shirts and sweatshirts. So we%26#39;re all going to be wearing the same %26quot;uniform%26quot; soon!




|||



Try Pylones for funky but affordable jewelry. They sell these bracelets for about USD30 that are made of resin balls the size of big marbles. Each ball has a photo or drawing in it. Even my 14yo students -- all boys -- love this bracelet when I wear it! Pylones has locations throughout Paris. (We shopped at the one at 13 rue St. Croix des Bretonneries, Paris 75004, in the Marais.). Go to www.pylones.fr for more info.




|||



I agree the Gap is popular, but you can get the same stuff at home , we saw the actual Gap shirt I was wearing from home on sale in Paris, so it would be defeating the purpose of not looking %26quot; American%26quot; .




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, August 22, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment