Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lunch vs Dinner at Altitude 95

Ok, before anyone says it, I know that this is not the greatest restaurant in Paris. We will be going to several better restaurants for the culinary expirence. I am just really afraid that if I leave Paris without a meal in the Eiffel Tower I might regret it.





I have seen several posts on here and searched the forum too, but I don%26#39;t see anything that talks about the cost of lunch vs. dinner at Altitude 95. I really want to do dinner since we plan to take the elevator to the top of the tower during the day. I really feel that I must have the breath-taking night-view of Paris from the Tower. So, can any give me an idea of what dinner and/or lunch for two would run you at Altitude 95? Jules Verne is just out of my price range for dinner and I am really shooting for a final night of Paris dinner in the tower. Thanks for the help!




|||



I remember it being just under 50E per person for three courses and wine. SO always gets the seafood platter, which he claims is excellent. I may be even cheaper if you order there fixed price menu.



As for the food, it is really not bad and there is something absolutely magical about dining with Paris at your feet.




|||



Thanks Phread, I just think that I would really regret going home without that experience! I also think that we should do dinner instead of lunch with makes Altitude 95 a better bet for our budget.




|||



We%26#39;ve eaten at Altitude 95 for dinner twice -- once in March and once in June and it was a terrific experience. No the food is not over the top, but so what? Ask for a table on the Trocadero side. Seafood platter is great; take your camera. There are two seatings; whichever you choose, leave the restaurant 10-15 minutes before the hour, take the elevator down, and watch the ET blinking lights show the first ten minutes of each hour.




|||



Does anyone know what time the two seatings are at? I want to know so that I can make a reservation.





I think that we are going to go for a special dinner our last night in Paris. We have other special dinners planned at Au Bon Accueil (first night in Paris) and le Café de l%26#39;Homme (the night of my birthday). Does this sound like a good variety of some great (moderate) dining expereinces?




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 20, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment