Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Suggest an apartment?

Hey friends. I am planning to bring my wife and teenage daughters to Paris for first time this July. As we%26#39;ll have a full week, an apartment seems the best option. We like to be near city center, not so touristy. More than any thing we%26#39;d like a safe, interesting neighborhood. I suspect air conditioning is a must. Do you have an suggestions for two bedroom (three beds total, not sleeper sofa) and 1.5 bath or more?



Thanks for any ideas on this.




|||



your question is too broad. search previous threads or figure out when area you want to be in and you may get more responses. There are lots of 2 bedroom apt. in paris.




|||



Check out www.parisperfect.com




|||



Yes, please narrow things down a bit.





Also, apartments with A/C are not at all common in Paris and more than one bathroom even more so.





What is your budget?




|||



Here%26#39;s some really helpful info by Travelnutty to help you narrow things down a bit:





tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187147-c3231/Paris:F…




|||



I am interested in the 5th, 6th, 9th (though more toward city center) or 11th. Those seem to be the safest, most family firendly areas. I am not so interested in very touristy places; more uniques neighborhood spots. I figure we%26#39;ll do our share of museums etc. and can access most via metro.





That said, I am open to other districts. It%26#39;s more about the precise location than a general district designation.





I hope that is more specific. Please let me know..




|||



Budget -wise I%26#39;d like to be around 1500 Euro or less. May go higher for better situation.




|||



pknow13,





why don%26#39;t you let us know where you have been looking - so we don%26#39;t duplicate your search?





The odds of someone having actually stayed in an apartment that fits your exact requirements, and that is still available for this July, are not too high.





I can recommend a lot of rental resources (I%26#39;ve just rented for the 7th time in Paris) but need to know where you%26#39;ve already looked. You may find however, that 2 beds, in that price range with A/C may already be booked for July. Exact dates of need would also help.





Or, if you already have some picked out, post them here and we%26#39;ll advise of the neighbourhood.




|||



I have pretty much covered VRBO, parisstay.com, parisassdress.com, paris-interiors.com, lodgis.com, ny-habitat.com, vacationinparis.com, perfectlyparis.com, and parisbestlodge.com. whew.





Thanks for the idea of finding a spot and seeking feedback. I%26#39;ll have a hat and go at that and post update.




|||



I should say, I am looking at the week of 8-15 July 2007.




|||



I must say that I also looked at all of those! One you have missed is





feelslikehomeinparis.com





...but be sure to manually type in your email address rather than using the default. My friend and I tried 3 or four times using the default and didn%26#39;t hear anything back. Finally I tried another avenue and had good luck.





Another one that came from the above address is:





haveninparis.com





Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment