Thursday, March 29, 2012

Compare arrondissment in Paris

I am looking for an apartment for a week in Paris for our family of four (two of which are teenage girls). The 6th (St Germain) and 9th (Pigalle) both look good on paper (well okay on -line) . Do you have any feedback on these arrondissmente? Is there another we should investigate?





Thank you for your help.





Parker




|||



The best ones : the 11th and the 12th, according to my totally non-objective point of view. ;-)




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, March 08, 2007


|||



I would be interesting to know where in those arrondissements those properties are located. The infamous Pigalle ( about which all subsequent posters will no doubt warn you off...) is a small part of the upper 9th.




|||



Not sure why Luckyluc%26#39;s post was deleted. HHhmm. At any rate, if you do decide on the 6th, try looking at the Luxembourg Splendor apt offered by vacationinparis.com. We stayed there in Sept and it would be fabulous for your family. It has a king or queen in the master and twin beds in the 2nd br. It was clean, bright and in a secure building. I recommend it highly.




|||



I happen to prefer the Rive Droite and would opt for the 9th over the 6th. True, the 6th is more elegant, but the 9th is much more interesting, in my opinion.




|||



I can%26#39;t agree that the rive droit is more interesting than the rive gauche, because I think that discounts a large part of the city that is not the 5th/6th arrons, but I will agree that the 9th is considerably more interesting that the 6th.




|||



Phread, I wouldn%26#39;t say that the Right is more interesting the the Left, I was only comparing the 9th and the 6th. Both parts have their charms. I do think that aside from the Marais, the area around GL, and the 1st, that many people give scant attention to the Right Bank.




|||



Happy Goin. The photo seems to show this apt as upper level. Were the angle ceilings a problem? I am 6.2 and not wishing to knock my head.





Just let me know.





Parker




|||



Interesting discussion...



Don%26#39;t forget that the av. des Champs-Élysées is on the right bank too, Truffaut, and Mr. Steves tells us that that is %26quot;Paris at its most Parisian.%26quot; Who am I to argue with that opinion?



But in any case AnneParis is right — comme d%26#39;habitude! ;-)





So what *did* Lucky say?




|||



And Montmartre. But I am one of those guilty of giving the Rive Droite short shrift. Does anybody know which Bank has a larger population? The most hotels? I am curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment