Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hotel Roques

anyone familier with this hotel? I am having difficulty finding lodging in Avignon for 1st week of april, large film company staying in the city. any recommendations for lodging nearby, I don%26#39;t have a car. I don%26#39;t mind a short walk or a short bus ride or cab. we are staying 3 days and plan on day trips by train to nearby sites




|||



Okay, no one seems to be answering you. So, for what it is worth, I will put my two cents worth in. I don%26#39;t like the area where Hotel Roques is located. It is very commercial and not attractive to me. It is not all that far from the centre ville, but it is in an area I would NEVER stay, nor would I allow friends or family to stay there.





Others may feel differently. Maybe they will come along later.





I pass by this area (not the hotel itself) each time I head to the TGV or take my dog to for his coiffure.





Also, the pictures of the rooms on the website did not impress me. I have never been in the hotel, so this is sheer website impression. Several rooms look okay, but several look like they would not wear well over time. And, for the price, I would look elsewhere.





Not sure if that is what you wanted to hear.




|||



Check out the places on this link.





avignon-et-provence.com/avignon-tourism/acco…




|||



thank you for the website, i found what appears to be a friendly, stylish accomadation on the website you mentioned, are you or anyone familier with A Lombre du Palais?




|||



Irs - I don%26#39;t know it personally, but the location is superb. Ask all the necessary questions to put your mind at ease, parking (if needed), quiet, double glazing, etc.





Best of luck.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, August 20, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment