Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Choosing between 2 apartments in Marais area...Help!

Hi friends,





Hoping for some help and advice….



I’m have been helping a friend plan her trip to Paris in July (and having so much fun doing this, I’m considering a change in profession!!).



After listening to my tales of Paris she has wisely allowed for a full week in Paris (I so wish I was going with her!!). And since she is there for a week I suggested she consider renting an apartment instead of staying a hotel. She was all for it and turned around and asked me to find the “ideal” apartment for her and hubby to enjoy Paris…



So I’ve been researching away on the net and have finally narrowed it down to 2 (there was so much choice!).





They are both in Marais area:-





www.parisattitude.com/apartment.asp…



1 Bdr on Rue du Bourg Tibourg for 520Euro a week





www.rentparis.com/details.php?l=en%26id=42



a Studio 20 Rue des Vertus for 630 Euro a week





The second one is more expensive but “looks” nicer but I haven’t found any reviews of either of these.



I was hoping that the experts will be able to tell me which is in the better location and seems to the better apartment. Or if someone has actually stayed in any one of these? Any feedback on these rental companies?





Please let us know what you think…:)



Thanks,



Ozgirl




|||



Location, location, location!





Rue du Bourg Tilbourg wins hands down. Very, very central - walk to everything. Masses of cafes, restaurants, shops near the door.




|||



bump...




|||



Sorry to be so stupid.....what does %26quot;bump%26quot; mean?



Thanks



Susan055




|||



A second vote for Rue du Bourg Tibourg





Susan: %26quot;bump%26quot; is an internet-ism indicating the original thread author is pushing their topic to the top of the forum page.




|||



Susan,





As in %26#39;I%26#39;m bumping this up to the top%26quot;.





It%26#39;s when you have nothing to say but want to take your own, or someone elses, post back to the top.so it can be seen.




|||



Thanks for the feedback Mascara and Jane. I showed my friend both the places. But she seems a bit impressed with the video in on the rentparis.com site...LOL the power of attractive advertising is well and alive!



I am going to try to convince her to go with the Rue du Bourg Tibourg because not only did it get 2 out of 2votes, it is cheaper and also a 1 bedroom as opposed to a studio....





Thanks,



Ozgirl





Susan, that%26#39;s not a stupid question at all....I used o wonder the same thing until I saw it in a few forums....Finally the tube light turned on :)




|||



Hi Ozgirl





I agree that the rue Bourg TIbourg is close to the Seine and the best choice but if you miss out on it the other flat is also in a good area in the northern Marais (3rd) close to rue de bretagne and so another good choice.




|||



Thank you all for your advice and feedback. My friend googled both properties today and saw ore photos. With all the votes for the Rue du Bourg Tibourg, she has sent off an email to query to Parisattitude.



Now we have a 2nd question......Is Parisattitude a good, honest agency? I read a post a while back that there was a TA rep?





Anyone out there??





Thanks,



Ozgirl




|||



Hi Ozgirl





I think you are probably referring to Happygoin%26#39;s comment on this thread





tripadvisor.com/…5936312





I believe she meant it had a good reputation, not a representative. TA%26#39;s rules prohibit advertising of apartments by representatives of an agent or owner.




|||



I am renting an apartment in le marais for late April from RentParis.com. This was an easy painfree transaction by using Paypal. One of the problems with renting in Paris is that many companies and individuals wanted cashiers checks or Euros at the time of arrival plus hefty deposits. As a typical American, I wanted fast, easy, secure and the use of my Visa card without tying up a lot of cash or carrying hundreds of euros around Paris. RentParis.Com lists many apts that accept credit cards for the initial transaction. I only have to have a personal check for 300E at the time of arrival for a security deposit. Much easier and no tying up tons of cash for months.





Dentonwelch

No comments:

Post a Comment