Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Thanks for everyones help. Can you help again with apt?

I had posted below regarding Paris apartment and since reviews were not good for location I found something else. Can I get another opinion.



Thanks so much





a1vacations.com/France/…p321015.htm




|||



Kelmani,





Can%26#39;t help you I%26#39;m afraid - the 15th is not an arrondissment that I am familiar with. It is a long way from where I like to stay (and a long way from the centre). I don%26#39;t think this area has the same problems as the last one, but it may be a bit %26#39;blah%26#39;.





Personally, I%26#39;d take a teeny studio in the %26#39;centre%26#39; (1st, 4th, 5th or 6th) over a large apartment on the outskirts. But as I said that%26#39;s me personally, as I like to walk everywhere rather than having to take public transportation.





So, I%26#39;ll give this a %26#39;bump%26#39; back to the top and let%26#39;s see what others say.




|||



Kelmani:



I would hardly call this an apartment in the outskirts. (Nor would I call it large - it%26#39;s quite small actually). I don%26#39;t think this location is bad at all. You could easily walk to the Eiffel Tower from here. It%26#39;s true that to get to most other attractions, you%26#39;d have to take the metro, but the metro is conveniently located and so easy to use. You could also take the bus. I love taking the bus in Paris - it%26#39;s a cheap tour of the city and you can save your feet for a few minutes! In addition to the Cambronne metro stop mentioned on the apt. page, you could easily walk to the next stop - La Motte Picquet-Grenelle, where you%26#39;d have your choice of 3 metro lines so you could very easily get anywhere in the city quite quickly.





Good luck with your decision!




|||



Hi Kelmani





This apartment is quite close to the one on rue du Commerce that SisterEurope stayed in. She posted a 3 part trip report that could give you an idea of what the area is like to stay in. Do a search in the search box on the upper right for sistereurope and you will have to go back a couple of pages to find the trip report links




|||



This apartment, though small according to North American standards, is very nicely located IMO. I always loved the 15th for its non-toursity atmosphere. Lots of shops close to Métro Lamotte-Piquet-Grennele (a Monoprix across the street BTW) and you are not far from Montparnasse. So you can even hop on buses to go to Jardins du Luxembourg and the 6th.




|||



Yes, I have to agree that while not located in the %26quot;typical%26quot; tourist areas, the location isn%26#39;t really what I%26#39;d call on the outskirts either. As Faux mentioned, my family of 5 (3 teens) recently stayed on the rue du Commerce in the 15th. The location of the apartment you posted is literally right over the %26quot;line%26quot; from the 7th arr., a popular area on this board! You can walk to the eiffel tower, and as was previously mentioned, there are a lot of shops near the La Motte Picquet metro, not to mention a street market there 2 days per week (which my kids loved). Yes, you have to take the metro to the other major %26quot;sites%26quot;, but we enjoyed the neighborhood and the price seems reasonable. So it%26#39;s up to you as to whether you want to pay more to be a bit closer, but if you don%26#39;t mind taking the metro and want a real neighborhood feel, then it%26#39;s a great location in my humble opinion!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, August 25, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment