Wednesday, April 25, 2012

opera/louvre area

I have shortlisted 2 hotels:





St Petersbourg Hotel and Hotel Mansart.





Can anyone advise which would be suitable.



Our party is 1 male 55, 2 females 49, 22, 17.



My wife and daughters can %26#39;shop til they drop%26#39;.





Are the areas ok at night and can we stroll around.





Thanks





Stanfranks




|||



Both locations are fine and safe. Opera is a busy place with a lot of panhandlers. Louvre loaded with tourists. Watch out for pickpockets.




|||



It might be just me, but the Opera/ Louvre area is not somewhere I would want to stay. When I think of that area, I think immediately of traffic, crowds, tour buses, etc. Frankly, the area tires me out a bit.





But if I had to choose one area over the other, I would probably choose the Louvre/Palais Royal neighborhood.





Les




|||



I possibly now need to rethink where we stay.



On further reading varying posts St Germain/Latin Quarter may be a better bet.





This appears to be a better in the evening and night and my daughters may prefer this area.



We can visit the Opera during the day for shopping and I understand other areas are walkable.





I am now looking at suitable hotels using TA as a guide but away from noise if possible.



We will travel in July so god A/C is a must.





Any futher help is appreciated so I can narrow down choices.





Thanks





Stanfranks




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 22, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment