Saturday, April 21, 2012

AVIS Car Rental in Nice

Hi



I have to arrange a car rental from AVIS in the town.



Can someone please tell me which AVIS location is nearest/most convenient to the Hi Hotel?



Thanx ;-)




|||



Greetings Stuietoo,





Although there are Avis locations in town, one on Avenue des Phoceens, and another near the train station on avenue Thiers, you might consider taking the 98 bus to the airport, and renting one there. You hotel is truly not situated that close to the ones in town, and you will probably have more of a selection at the airport. You might also try to prepay the rental in your home town, as Avis offers some better rates, when a rental is prepaid, as well as saving time when you pick up the car, since it would be reserved. Whatever, or wherever, enjoy!




|||



Hi Funkster,



Thanks for your input.



I am an AVIS Wizard member and therefore qualify for certain discounts and priority etc with them. The reason I need to know the location of the nearest AVIS office to the Hi Hotel is that I will first of all be spending a few days in Nice, during which time I don%26#39;t need a car. Only when I drive further into Provence do I need to pick up my car from the town.





The AVIS website, however, identifies three locations within the town of NIce (excluding the airport) but I don%26#39;t know which one is closest to the Hi Hotel. Hence my enquiry as to which - if any - of the AVIS offices is closest to the Hi.





I don%26#39;t intend to travel back out to the airport to pick up a car since, not only would it be an unecessary journey, but car rental from an airport location is inevitably more expensive than from a city location.




|||



I%26quot;d check the one at the main train station on Rue de Thiers (Nice Centre train station). It opens quite early in the AM and is open on Sundays)




|||



The station is definitely closer than the one at Ave Des Phoceens, probably about one kilometre from your hotel. Even when arriving at the airport I pick up from the station as, unlike the airport, there is rarely a queue.




|||



Hi - thanks very much for your advice - Looks like it will be the AVIS location by the station.! Your help is much appreciated.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, August 25, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment