Monday, April 23, 2012

apartment rental

I have been to Paris 4 times and would like to go in Sept- Oct and rent an apt. Having seen all the tourist sights, iIwould like to just %26quot;live%26quot; there for 2 weeks, eating from the markets for most of our meals. I think the Marias would be a nice place to stay. iIwould like to have a small apt for $800/wk or less. Has anyone done this? Any suggestions?




|||



We had visited 5 times and we will arrive in Paris on the 17th and are renting an apartment for 14 days. I%26#39;ll post a trip report upon our return. I just thought, like you, it would be fun to take laundry to un pressing and shop at the markets and cook most meals. There are certainly enought posts regarding apartment rentals on this forum. Just do a search and you%26#39;ll find lots in most price ranges. From what other posters say, the nice ones go fast so perhaps you should begin this process asap.




|||



We are renting in the Marais from vrbo.com for 99 euros per night, good reviews on the apartment, and the owner has been great to wotk with....you should be able to find what you are looking for. I%26#39;ll print a review of the apartment when we return mid-June...




|||



Hello Karnlee...I have rented in Paris. I %26quot;lived%26quot; in Paris for the entire month of October. It was a dream come true for me ! I also plan to go in September and stay for two weeks this year. Last year I rented through a large agency, Paristay. The apartment I took in the St. Germain des pres area was wonderful, but I had to pay agency fees, a large deposit and also wire money over twice. This time I don%26#39;t need such a large apartment (I had two bedrooms so visitors could come over), so I am going through a smaller agency, parisbestlodge. The link is below. Thiery is the owner of the agency and he does not ask you to wire money, and the rates include all fees. He has a couple nice apartments, in the Marais. I do recommend the Marias area, but the ST. Germain area is really fantastic also, especially if you really want to be centrally located. However, you will probably get a little more for you money in the Marais !!





www.parisbestlodge.com




|||



Bonjour Karenlee,





When visiting Paris I always rent apartment. Two weeks ago I was stayingnear Bastille at 20 minutes walk from the Place des Vosges and really enjoy the studio. VRBO have a good selection and there is no agency fee, I was in vrbo #103254. It was really conveninent because it was a short walk to the guide visits of the privates hotels in the marais. Bon voyage.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, August 27, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment