Tuesday, April 24, 2012

a month in Paris

Help. I%26#39;m working on airfare.I think I can do that. But I%26#39;m concerned about finding a place to stay. I%26#39;m going to be there for the entire month of June and I am REALLY on a budget. Can%26#39;t afford a hotel. I want to just rent a room or something. I want to get it set up as soon as possible, but no one seems to be thinking ahead to June yet. Where can I go? I just want to spend like, $600 or so for the month, or maybe $900 if it includes meals. Any advice?



kendal




|||



i just did a quick search on lodgis.com and lots of prospects turned up; sublet.lodgis.com/en/paris/listing/…



It%26#39;s a good place to start.




|||



Hi kendal -



I%26#39;m not sure that it is realstic to think that you might be able to find accommodation in Paris — even a shared room in a hostel — for $20 a night, and $30 a day including meals is even less likely. Even the site that metromole suggests does not have anything in that range when you add in the agency fees and I think may be aimed at longer term rentals in any case.



The least expensive short-term rental I know of is a little studio that is listed on the SlowTrav web site. It is a tiny 6th floor (7th American) garret with no elevator aptly known as %26quot;Chez Stairmaster%26quot; and even it is well outside your figure. Most short-term studio rentals seem to start at around 400€ a week and some will tack on agency fees, most a security deposit.



I think your best bet would probably be to look at www.eurocheapo.com or www.hostelsclub.com. Be sure to check the reviews of any place on either of these sites that looks like a possibility in terms of price. All cheap sleeps are not creted equal!



Good luck!




|||



Thank you! I will check those out.



Oh, and how can I tell if something is a scam? I%26#39;ve run across a few, and usually they tell me to Western Union them money, so that%26#39;s a big give-away. But how else can I be sure that if I rent a room or apartment, that it will actually be there for me?



thanks!




|||



Oh, what airline do you think is the best to fly to Paris on? Does it matter?




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, August 26, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment