Monday, April 23, 2012

A day in Paris

Hi,





I am travelling from Bangalore (India) to Hannover (Germany) via Paris on coming Sunday. I have a Schengen Visa and I am flying Air France. I land at CDG 0840 hrs and my flight to Hannover is at 1745 hrs, which gives me a lot of time to kill at Airport. Since I have never been to Paris, I was wondering a) Will they allow me to go out into City (I am told Schengen Visa is valid for France too) and if so, b) what can I safely do in the time that I have...would love to see at least Eiffel Tower





Anybody here who can guide me with some useful tips and also what will be the cost of this trip to the city from CDG and back (Cost of Eiffel tower ticket too)




|||



1) Yes.



2) Allow an hour to travel between the airport and the city... you%26#39;d easily visit a few sights in the 6 hours you%26#39;d have; the Eiffel Tower in the morning, lunch at a restaurant, a scenic walk in the afternoon. Well worthwhile. Taxis are 50 Euros, the bus and train between 8-10 Euros - and you could budget 50 Euros for the day for tickets/food, more if you hit the shops for gifts.




|||



Hi DDGuy





I will not attempt to answer your question about the visa and suggest you seek advice from your travel agent or the local French consulate on that unless someone else on this forum is an expert on such things. I personally would prefer to get advice on issues like visas from an official source. On the other hand, if you cannot find a totally reliable answer before you arrive, you can ask at the airport whether your visa allows you to leave the transit area. My guess is that if you are not able to go in to Paris, you would not be allowed to leave the transit area either.





Assuming you are able to go into Paris and your bags are checked through to Hanover and you don%26#39;t need to lug them around (there are no left luggage facilities at the airport, although there are at Gare du Nord), look at this itinerary prepared for a person with 9 hours in Paris by ArrowCapet.





It is really good but assumes you look at the Eiffel Tower and don%26#39;t go up it as the lines are usually very long and waste precious time. The Eiffel Tower is great to see but save going up for another longer trip and see a bit more of Paris instead. I would also skip the Louvre except to walk around and look at the pyramid and the building. You can adapt the itinerary but the advice on how to get tickets for any museums and also rail passes is important.





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k99510…




|||



Thanks Faux and Grenelle...u have been very kind




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 pm, August 26, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment