Monday, April 23, 2012

Where is bnp paribas

I have read on bank of america website I can use my debit card for free at this bank went to there website and everything is in french cant understand I am trying to find out where the nearest atm is. is there one at cdg airport? or the nearest one to my hotel hilton paris on ave de suffren.






|||



I%26#39;d search their website, as BNP is one of the biggest bank in France and it prbably has a few hundreds if not more ATM%26#39;s in Paris. They are spread all over town. There are so many I would be surprised you%26#39;d have access to a full listing but we never know.




|||



i have just applied for a Bank of America ATM card because of the posts on this forum,,,I then used Mappy.com to find the closest cash machine to my hotel...I know there is one in the 7e at St.Domingue and Ave Bosquet, right down the street from my hotel. I just hope the instructions have English...I%26#39;m hopeless when it comes to using those machines...




|||



Depending on where you are in Paris, a BNP-Paribas ATM (%26#39;..Distributeurs de Billets..%26#39;) will be relatively close to wherever %26#39;..there..%26#39; is--





BNP-PARIBAS Locations (be sure to Select %26#39;..Distributeurs de Billets..%26#39; on the Search form)---





http://tinyurl.com/yzt7av






|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt; I just hope the instructions have English %26lt;%26lt;%26lt;



I could be wrong about this but I don%26#39;t recall ever seeing an ATM in France that did not have multiple language choices of which English is always one.



One thing that is a little different from (some? most? all?) ATMs in the US is that your card will be returned BEFORE you get your cash. Actually that is a smarter order of doing things IMO as it makes it very unlikely that you will walk away from the machine without your card. (BTDT — but no t-shirt...)




|||



There are many BNP Paribas ATM%26#39;s sometimes even on both sides of one street. They are pretty much everywhere in central Paris. Don%26#39;t worry about the language as an English option is available.




|||



The BNP Paribas ATM s are all over and you are given an English option for instructions and given a choice of Euro amounts.





Look for the sign which has green birds flying in a circle -- Paribas.





The amount will come only out of your checking account not your savings. It does not tell you the balance.





Use a 4 number pin code.





I recommend that you go to them during opening hours in case you have a problem.





One I used said it gave me the cash and a reciept but I got no money because it was out! I had to go inside and they checked it out and then gave me the cash!




|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;I recommend that you go to them during opening hours in case you have a problem%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





There is one somewhat unsual aspect of using ATM in Paris. Occasionally a Paris ATM may simply reject your transaction rejest for no stated reason....this is usually caused by differences in local time Zones, Most US ATM networks will %26#39;..go down..%26#39; for routine, daily up-dates and repairs for anywhere from 30-90 mins, sometime between 2 AM and 4 AM EST. With a six(6) hour local time difference, this equates to sometime between 08:00 and 10:00 AM in Paris. So if a Paris ATM rejects your transaction request for no apparent reason---DON%26#39;T PANIC. Simply wait a several minutes (DO NOT try to %26#39;..force..%26#39; the transaction by several repeated attempts in a short span of time) and try it again. Odds are, the network will be %26#39;..back up..%26#39; and running and your transaction will go through without a hitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment