Wednesday, April 25, 2012

PerfectlyParis "bug-free"

For all of you who rent apartments from Gail Boisclair at www.perfectlyparis.com. I wrote to her this morning about the bedbug-thread - and I just received her reply:







%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;



What a horrible story for those people at the hotel! We have had one problem with insects in all of the years we have been renting and it was NOT a bedbug problem but a spider (very tiny and hardly visible but good at biting) infestation at one of the places (not Rooftop). When the guests said something about little red bites, we actually thought that it was a bedbug problem. I went over there and looked through the linen to see and I found the little spider. After that, I went to ´bomb´ the apartment with a product to kill spiders, bedbugs and anything else. At the time, we did not have any other apartment available for the guests as we were booked so we paid for their stay in a hotel.





This happened in September 2005 and there has not been any other issue before or after this one at any of our apartments.





Incidentally, this was my first booking at this particular apartment as the owners had been renting it out on their own before.





We have quite good cleaning staff. They are conscientious and, if there were anything not right, they would alert me straight away. I hope this helps and that your mind is more at ease.



%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





I think I will go to Paris after all...... (but I will bring my poisonous spray !! Bring%26#39;em on, I say and they%26#39;ll get nuked instantly !!!)




|||



Gitte - don%26#39;t worry. You%26#39;ll be fine. If you know what to look for, and you look and find no signs, it will put your mind at ease upon arrival.





Gail is very good and very responsive. If you find anything wrong, contact her immediately and she will take care of it. We%26#39;ve rented from her and she was very prompt to reply to all our needs.




|||



toutou - merci ! Yes, Gail is a very nice person to deal with.





I have calmed down so much that I actually cancelled my order with amazon.com for the %26quot;Kill%26#39;em all dead%26quot;-spray. (I had probably never got it through Danish customs anyway......)




|||



Unfortunately Gitte, any place, whether hotel or apartment can only %26#39;claim%26#39; to be %26#39;bedbug%26#39; free until the next tenant stays there. The %26#39;bug%26#39;s are brought in by %26#39;humans%26#39; on their clothes and luggage.





Over the past few years there has been almost worldwide epidemic of said bugs - most notoriously the 5 star Helmsley Hotel in New York. It seems to be just a fact of life since the banning of DDT and easy international travel.





Your luggage can pick up the little critters by being in the aeroplane hold next to another suitcase contaminated with them. So while someone in the hospitality industry claiming they are %26#39;bug free%26#39; may be true at the time, it may no longer be true once the next guest has checked in.





Oooh, it%26#39;s making my skin %26#39;crawl%26#39; just typing this - yeuck.




|||



Yes, jane - I know that they can travel in baggage - and I even read in a website for a Danish pest-desinfection company that they can survive for a YEAR without food by going into sort of a coma.





I suggest we close down these bug-discussions and return to happy chatting about Ladurée macaroons (remember the mouse-thread ??!!!) and other Paris issues that will cheer us up.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, August 25, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment