Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Phone ahead for a taxi

Hi everyone - I was wondering if this statement was accurate?





%26quot;Keep in mind that if you phone ahead for a taxi, the amount showing on the meter upon its arrival will reflect the distance it traveled to get to your pick-up point from its previous location. Do not be surprised if that amount is already €7 (or more) when you board.%26quot;





Thanks!




|||



Yes, It%26#39;s accurate. If you are trying to get around that, try what we did recently. During the week, I scoped out the nearest taxi stand to our apartment. It was a 5-min walk from our apt. Taxi stands all have a fairly large, blue and white %26quot;TAXIS%26quot; sign so they are easily spotted. They are also on a lot of the city maps you will likely see around Paris. The morning of our departure, while my traveling companion dragged the luggage downstairs to the foyer, I walked to get the taxi. The meter was about .20 (that%26#39;s 20 centimes or about 2/10 of a mile) when we got to our apartment. It%26#39;s not a lot but, I suppose, every little bit helps.




|||



Thanks for the tip! That money could go towards a nice cup of coffee! My only concern is we have to depart our hotel at 5am to make a 7am flight out of Ciampino. Do you think the taxis will be at their stands at that time?




|||



I%26#39;m sorry but I don%26#39;t know the answer to that. I%26#39;m sure one of the experts will come along and let you know though. Have a great trip!




|||



You have to order a taxi by phone the day before. The taxi will be here and on time.



Try this company : Taxi G7



English speaking reservation: 01 41 27 66 99 (I%26#39;ve just tried it for you now: it works !)



I often use them, even early in the morning : no problems.



If you ask your hotel to make the reservation for you : the reservation number in french language is : 01 47 39 47 39. But I%26#39;m sure they know it.



Of course, I%26#39;m sure that other Taxi companies are as efficient as Taxi G7. But I%26#39;m used to work with them.




|||



Thank you for providing an option for taxi service. I%26#39;ll be sure to take both numbers with me!




|||



You could also just ask the front desk of your hotel the day before departure to arrange a taxi for you. The meter has always started with the base fare.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, August 25, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment