Monday, April 23, 2012

Hotel Esprit Saint Germain

Hi Everyone. My wife and I will be visiting Paris in mid-April and I have made reserves for Hotel Esprit Saint Germain. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the hotel recently. The reviews are good but there only a few of them. Also it%26#39;s quite expensive although we did get a special at 330E for a superior room including breakfats for two - is it worth it? Thanks.




|||



I haven%26#39;t stayed there, but I understand from others who posted at another travel site the hotel has very small rooms even for Paris. It used to be another hotel that was bought and remodeled a few years back. Personally I find the rates to be very high.




|||



330 euros?!!! Are you out of your mind?!!!





Try the Henri IV Rive Gauche. Just for starters. Or Hotel Clement.




|||



We thought about Henri IV Rive Gauche but we decided on splurging for a 4 star hotel. Any other suggestipns for a nice 4 star on the Left Bank. I checked out Hotel d%26#39;Ausbusson but that would be 295E a night not including breakfast (and Hotel Esprit Saint Germain has an open bar in the lobby that is included in the rate). Thanks again.




|||



The Esprit St Germain is a very nice hotel (I have never stayed there), the architect who has designed the place happens to be a friend friend of mine and made me visit. It is not a palace with 250sqm suites it is a boutique hotel with 4+ star services. The decoration is a question of taste, some rooms I liked, others less, altogether not my taste, fact is they are very well equiped (flatscreen, dvd player, cd player, AC, minibar etc) and super modern (since remodeled indeed 2 years ago). A plus in this place is the open bar, 24hrs and in the room, meaning ALL drinks are included in the bill, the lobby is pretty quaint with large sofas were you can hang out, read books, have a drink or borrow a dvd from their collection also it is two steps away from St Sulpice in the middle of St Germain. I%26#39;m not making advertisement for it but I really liked the concept of it.



Now for my taste it is a little too expensive (I don%26#39;t care about the room size) and the receptionnists I have seen there seemed nice but somewhat lost.




|||



WoW! That is a lot of money for tiny rooms!!! The breakfast should be included for that price!




|||



Here is a web site with photos of the hotel and exercise room.





uk.travel.com/Hotels/Europe/France/184890.htm




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, August 21, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment