Saturday, April 21, 2012

vegetarian seeks advice

Since my last visit to Paris, I have given up seafood and am now strictly vegetarian. (my husband is not.) Does anyone have experience with asking restaurants to accomodate vegetarians?




|||



In my experience the best thing to do is get a guide book with a thorough list of restaurants with vegetarian options. Those will be the best restaurants to be helpful with your requests. I think we used Fodor%26#39;s last time? It was great because they indicated the restaurants that weren%26#39;t strictly vegetarian.





As there are a ton of restaurant guides to Paris, it shouldn%26#39;t be a problem!





The real problem will be even veggie looking things, like a bowl of lentils, will most likely have duck or veal broth. You%26#39;d be better off eating at the vegetarian friendly restaurants, where both you and your husband can be comfortable.




|||



Hi Nozizwe





If you search the forum (box on upper right) for vegetarian, you will find a lot of suggestions. If you like Indian food, their restaurants often offer a good selection for vegetarians too.




|||



The last time we went to Paris I had searched the vege internet sites such as happycow.net and went with a list of restaurants. We had great food throughout the trip. Paris is a wonderful city and all tastes are catered for.




|||



I wrote a simialr post about a week ago. I have since learned the French words to let waitstaff know my needs. %26quot;Je suis vegetarianne%26quot;



-I am vegetarian-



les legumes-vegetables



and learned some fruit names too-I feel hopeful that I will be able to eat according to my beliefs now...




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, August 26, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment