Monday, April 16, 2012

Train Service

I just recieved an e-mail from RailEurope indicating that the prices have been posted for my the train service from Paris to Nice in June. I was shocked to see that it was $252 for a one way first class ticket. Something has to be wrong. If this is the price we might be better off taking a flight from EasyJet. It seemed that every train site I went on automatically brought me back to RailEurope.




|||



Sorry, I just checked again, it was the total price for the two of us. But it still seems kind of high at $126 per person




|||



If you want good prices book with the SNCF rather than rail europe. Check my post here for a booking guide:





http://tinyurl.com/p3o7e




|||



First class advance purchase fares from SNCF are as low as 45€ (~$60). The maximum fully refundable first class fare is ~150€ (~$200).



Incidentally, besides the advance purchase %26quot;PREMs%26quot; fares there are many other discounted fares available from SNCF that you will NOT get from RailEurope.



Once again RailEurope%26#39;s pricing can only be called predatory. As they say in France about an over-priced tourist trap restaurant RailEurope is %26quot;à éviter%26quot; — to be avoided.




|||



When I go on the SNCF web page, it brings me back to the RailEurope site and there prices?




|||



Dump the cookies from your browser cache and the follow MorganB%26#39;s guide to the letter and the problem will go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment