Saturday, April 21, 2012

How to Share my "Travel Guide" With You All??

So....I will readily admit....I am a travel addict. Addicted to the actual trip and all event and necessary planning leading up to it. (Lol, not addicted to the unpacking afterwards, however!). A friend and I went on a lil%26#39; %26quot;European adventure%26quot; and visited 5 countries. I had done tons of %26quot;homework%26quot;, trolled the TA forums, thumbed through guidebooks, etc (remember...addict here!) and by the time we were ready to go, I had tons of information pulled from here and there and didn%26#39;t really know what to do with it. So, partly as a joke, I compiled it, formatted it, put a goofy picture of my travel buddy and I on the front, and had it bound with a laminated cover. Lol....ya gotta love OfficeMax. It was sort of a gag gift for my friend%26#39;s birthday which was a week before we left for our trip. The little joke of a book turned out to be invaluable!! We loved it and got SO much use out of it--short, sweet, details where you need them and tailor made.



So, for other trips, I have started doing the same.



I%26#39;m about to visit Paris for the third time in about a week (WOOHOO!!) and thought it would be fun to share with you guys my goofy travel guide for this visit. BUT...I have no clue how to post it! I thought of a blog maybe and then providing a link, but I can%26#39;t seem to upload the file (word document....but I could save it as a PDF).



So..any suggestions??




|||



This sounds like a valuable resource, something i have been unsuccessfully trying to accomplish. If you have a website, post it there. If not, here%26#39;s something that might work. After putting it into pdf, you can upload the file to sendspace.com From there, a down-loadable url is generated. Post the url and your readers can link to it and either open the file directly or save it.




|||



vickisfloyd and pixfield have both offered their guides to those who write to their email address. You could set up a special TA adresss that you would%26#39;t mind posting here and then you could send the word doc or pdf to all those who reply.




|||



Anyone is welcome to download my 20-page Paris guide. All you need to do is go to: http://geocities.com/hiddenparis/




|||



pixfield,





I read your Paris Travel Guide and wanted to say thanks for having taken the time to offer your valuable experience to the rest of us.





Very well done.




|||



Thanks for the tips, and, of course, would be glad to offer mine to anyone! My email address is ranolph_tc@yahoo.com. I%26#39;d love to read others as well....I think it%26#39;s fun to see what others plan for their vacations and getaways, how they manage their time, what sights they enjoy seeing. For me, putting something like this together is about the ease and convienence of it. All of our potential walking tours, a reference map for the sights, stores we want to visit, restaurant recs from TA folks, things to do around our hotel (which I really love, by the way!), etc.



Pix...I%26#39;m going to download/read yours now! Glad you had a great trip! At first I was relieved because our flights don%26#39;t route through Chicago or NYC, but...we are flying AA and go through their DFW hub...which a few days ago was shut down because of 40 mph winds!! So...kind of shivering in my boots here!!!



WE LEAVE NEXT WEDNESDAY!!! Yeah!!




|||



Pix...BRAVO! I just pulled it up and did a quick glance! What%26#39;s funny is that I had come across your guide before (google search) and never knew it was you! How fun!



Okay....now to go back and have a better look!




|||



tcgirlie - I just tried to email you and it bounced back to me. I would love to read your Trip information! I am an addict too and my husband makes fun of how much information I have already compiled for our May trip to Paris. It is our first time there and he won%26#39;t be laughing so hard when he has a wonderful trip, thanks to my research and planning (lol). I also just check out Pix trip guide and it is great!





tcgirlie, can you try emailing the information to me? ts1fsu@hotmail.com



I will send you my information in return, once I receive the email. Thanks again for sharing, this is too much fun!!!




|||



OOPS! Don%26#39;t ya hate it when you spell your last name wrong??!! Sorry! My email address is RANDOLPH_TC@YAHOO.COM!





And, yes....I%26#39;d be glad to email you, ts1fsu! Will do it right now.




|||



Thanks tc, I got it and it looks like some great info! I have sent you mine in return.




|||



pixfield -





Your guide is AWESOME!





I%26#39;m leaving for Paris (first time) tomorrow on a trip with very short notice. Your guide is just what I needed to sort through the crash course guidebook reading that I have been trying to do for the last week.





Thank you so much!





Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment