Saturday, April 21, 2012

CDG Airport to BW Left Bank St Germain

What is the best way to get from CDG to BW Left bank St Germain for 2 adults and 2 teenagers? How much would a taxi charge? How much is the metro and how long would it take?





Thank you!




|||



Public rail transportation from the airport, called the RER, will run you approximately €34 for the 4 of you. It is relatively easy to take, but you will have a short hike from the RER exit at St Michel-Notre Dame that will take you around 10 minutes or so (maybe even 15). Depending on what time and which train you board, the rail transfer time will be less than 40 minutes. Add time on to the front and back ends of that, and I would say you are safely looking at about an hour total transfer time. A taxi will run you around €50 for the 4 of you, and depending on your arrival time, traffic, etc, as is true with any taxi, could potentially run you as much as €70. Transfer time for a taxi could be about the same as the train, as long as all goes smootly, or could potentially take longer.



What is %26quot;best%26quot; depends on how much weight you place on some of the factors above. I used a company called Elysees Cars on my last trip, and although they were a little more expensive, at €55, than the lowest potential taxi fare, and far more expensive than taking the train, it was nice to have someone meet me at the exit with a sign, grab my bags, walk me right out the door to the car, and take me directly to my apartment rental. The worst thing about it is that it all happened so fast, I didn%26#39;t even have time to smoke a cigarette after my long flight.



Sometimes I need things to have a few bumps every now and then.




|||



I note once again that besides always giving good advice, that ArrowCarpet is a very sharp dresser.




|||



Hi Arrow Capet, I am looking for an inexpensive way to get to the Latin Quarters, for 3 people. Did you use Elysees Cars recently? 55 Euros is not bad. I am trying to decide on a 8 Euro train ride or a shuttle. Thanks




|||



I used Elysees Cars in September and October last year. I should have pointed out that the 55€ rate was a special rate negociated by the people who manage the apartment I rented. The rate EC posts on their website is 90€ between CDG and the city.



I have booked their services again this October to transfer several of us coming in to Bercy from Padova, then transfering some out of Paris to CDG. When I leave Paris, however, I will be taking the RER. When it%26#39;s coming out of my pocket, there is no better mode of transportation. When someone else is paying, it%26#39;s a different story.





....and thank you Francophool.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, August 20, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment