Thursday, April 12, 2012

Reply from TA re: 'sticky' FAQ - 'How do I get to Hotel etc

I received the following reply to our request for the %26#39;How do I get to my Hotel?%26#39; guide by Travelnutty. Several of us have kept it %26#39;kicked%26#39; to the front page and since doing so, the request for this info has diminished to almost nil. The first request for a %26#39;sticky%26#39; was rejected, so I persevered and after a couple of emails, got %26#39;kicked up%26#39; a level myself.





%26gt;%26gt;Hi Janesatelier,



Thank you for your reply; Jane has forwarded it to me for evaluation.



I think the issue with sticky topics is that in excess, they tend to



crowd the forums and fewer people pay attention to them, so I would like to suggest an alternative.



Since there are a number of topics that newcomers regularly ask, instead of making this thread a sticky and then a separate thread for every other FAQ, I recommend that you and other regulars of the Paris forums write or edit existing Inside pages to contain information that you feel people regularly inquire about. Then, we



can post a sticky topic with links to those Inside pages with a subject line like %26quot;Read this first! Paris FAQs%26quot; (or something more



eye-catching) so that members that are new to the forums can reference it. This way, you and any other forum regular can update or change the information that is provided by editing the Inside pages and there is no need for multiple sticky topics cluttering the top of the forum.



We truly appreciate your contribution as well as the contribution of



the other regular members of the Paris forums, and I hope that we can work together to make the TripAdvisor experiencer better for everyone.



Best regards,



Lena



TripAdvisor Support Team%26lt;%26lt;





I shall let Lena know that %26#39;Nutty has already created an %26#39;inside page%26#39; for the CDG-Hotel FAQ, so we can get that %26#39;pinned%26#39; straight away.





Now the question is, what other FAQ%26#39;s shall we write?



Some suggestions:



Which Arrondissemont should I stay in?



How do I rent an apartment?



Restaurants by Arrondissemont?





Let%26#39;s discuss your suggestions - please?




|||



I have recently been contacted by TA and asked if I would like to but together a FAQ sticky. It%26#39;s been on my list of things to do.



So, if everyone would like to help come up with an FAQ list including links to the appropriate posts, I will submit it and hopefully it will become a sticky.





I think top 10 questions is best.





Les




|||



Les,





They have to be %26#39;inside pages%26#39; not %26#39;posts. There will only be one %26#39;sticky%26#39; and it will have links to the different %26#39;inside pages%26#39; - each covering a different topic - Travelnutty has already done the one for the %26#39;CDG-Hotel%26#39; FAQ and I have now requested it be %26#39;pinned%26#39; ASAP.





So, we can all take a different topic, or have several work on one topic, and then email the link to Lena - no need for one person to take on the whole load. We can write the %26#39;inside page%26#39; and have other posters %26#39;vet%26#39; it before it is linked to the %26#39;sticky%26#39;. That way each FAQ gets %26#39;pinned%26#39; as it is completed and we don%26#39;t have to wait for the whole thing to be complete.




|||



Not according to what I was told. I was asked specifically if I thought the forum could use a %26quot;sticky%26quot; on top of the page, for FAQs. It wasn%26#39;t inside pages, it was definitely a sticky. I told them I%26#39;d ask for help creating it and let them know when it was ready to be %26quot;stuck%26quot;.





i don%26#39;t know why you%26#39;ve been told something different.





les




|||



This is what they told me:





Once you have these individual frequent question topics posted and also



have the main FAQ page with links posted, just let me know and I can



have the main page at the top of the forum.





I will be support on this and you can have any members that you would



like to contribute work on it (or you can start it on your own).





-------------------------------------------------------------




|||



Les,





If you read the email I posted from the %26#39;supervisor%26#39;, you%26#39;ll see they definately want the format to be %26#39;inside pages%26#39; - this is the 3rd time I%26#39;ve been told this.




|||



I have sent Lena (TA) links to MorganB%26#39;s inside page %26quot;How to Book SNCF Tickets%26quot; also, with credit to you Morgan.




|||



Weird, isn%26#39;t it? Have a look at the front page of the London Forum which has several stickies (besides the ubiquitous TRAVELBLOG) - the idea for the websites sticky is even credited to %26#39;Travelnutty on the TA Paris Forum%26#39;.




|||



diz,





Yep, the London forum even has a %26#39;trip report%26#39; sticky - which is a wonderful idea. They have 3 informational %26#39;stickies%26#39; - we are fighting to get one?





I just saw the %26#39;nutty commendation over there - that%26#39;s so ironic.




|||



I wasn%26#39;t sure what you guys were talking about, since I haven%26#39;t posted on the London forum.... but I see that person was referring to my %26quot;Research%26quot; thread:





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k30416…




|||



WEll I%26#39;ll email the guy again, but he definitely said %26quot;FAQ Sticky on top of forum%26quot;...I don%26#39;t know how I%26#39;m confusing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment