Thursday, April 19, 2012

Q about www.vacationinparis.com

Hi all.





I have found a studio I like through www.vacationinparis.com - a site I found through reading previous forum entries.





Has anyone stayed here before? What did you think? What do the local experts think of this place?





It looks good to me, and is a price I am prepared to pay, but it%26#39;s hard to find independent reviews about it.





www.vacationinparis.com/apts/id_133.htm





Thanks




|||



I think If you call VIP they can refer you to others who have rented the specific apartments available on their site.




|||



I have rented through this company before in 2005. We rented Maria%26#39;s Marias. We will be traveling in 2 weeks and have rented another apartment through the same company. We have been pleased with their service. The keys should arrive either tomorrow or Saturday, as they have already been shipped.





IOWADUO




|||



Thanks for the info.





I%26#39;ll definitely need to contact VIP before I book - I won%26#39;t be in Paris until about a month after I start travelling, so I%26#39;ll need to make sure I can pick the keys up in Paris.





Thanks again.




|||



My guess is that shouldn%26#39;t be a problem of picking them up in Paris. They are a U.S. based company, however, they do have an apartment manager for the rental, and about 2-3 other people on the list if the manager is not available. We did receive our keys yesterday, along with a Paris Map.





We looked at location, square footage, price, and sleeping space. Also, all taxes and items are included. They do give you a checklist of things that you are responsible for when you leave (dishes cleaned and put away, wet towels left on towel holder, garbage out to dumpster)...things that you should do before you left your home for an extended time. They do the nitty gritty of scrubbing toilets, sinks, shower, taking dirty sheets/towels. This plan was acceptable to us.





We are leaving in 13 days! IOWADUO




|||



We just returned yesterday and also stayed in a VIP property, the Maria%26#39;s Marias loft apartment in district 3. It worked out very well for us, familiy of 4.





We have been very happy with the service we received from VIP, we haven%26#39;t sent our ked back yet, so as long as we get our full deposit back I will be very happy with dealing with them, and will use them again.




|||



Hi all.





I have booked the apartment, and the keys will be sent to me before I leave on my trip - which is a whole month before I get to Paris. At least this way, I don%26#39;t have to worry about meeting someone for the keys and can arrive when I feel like it.





Thanks for your input, Mez.




|||



Yay! We are leaving on Friday. Keys in hand, yet still waiting on the passport! UGGHH! Talk about stressful! Enjoy your trip! IOWADUO




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 19, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment