Monday, April 16, 2012

Paris -25th anniv./50 birth

I am taking my wife to Paris for our 25th wedding anniversary and her 50th birthday March 23. I have never been there, she was there for 3 weeks in college in her 20%26#39;s. She did major in French but really has not spoken it in 20 years. Anyone with ideas on how I can make this trip truly special. I%26#39;ve been a work-a-holic most of our life and am really trying to make this special. We are staying at Victorias Palace based on TripAdvisor info. Any help is appreciated,. I am not the %26quot;world traveler%26quot; but am a police chief so I am somewhat briefed on necessary precautions. Give some advice to a midwesterner from Wisconsin. Thanks!




|||



I would take her out to dinner at La Coupole and make arrangements for them to sing happy birthday to her. La Coupole is the largest brasserie in Paris.





http://www.flobrasseries.com/coupoleparis/





They turn the lights down in the restaurant and all of the waiters get together behind a huge (fake) birthday cake with a big sparkler on top of it. They roam through the restaurant singing happy birthday till they get to your table. Its quite alot of fun and makes for a huge surprise. I would love to do it some day for my birthday.




|||



Thanks Morgan thats a great idea!




|||



And tell your wife that she may be very surprised to find that quite a lot of her French comes back when she needs it.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, August 16, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment