Thursday, April 12, 2012

help! our hotel just cancled our reservatons on US!!!

I need some serious help!



the hotel that we reserved our rooms at just sent me an email saying they made a mistake on our arrival date...so we are out of luck and they have no more rooms for our arrival date of 23 march for 3 nights.



they suggested we try a few other hotels in the area, which I have and NO LUCK on any of them.



The hotel that we had planned on staying at was Hotel Dieu, near Notre Dame. Does anyone have any reccomendations for me. This trip was planned for over 4 moths, with these reservations in place.



My 5 sisters and I are taking our mom on her first trip to Paris, we wanted this to be special and now at the last minute I%26#39;m not sure what to do.



Please if any one can help I%26#39;d really appreciate it.




|||



Hi TQ --





Go to www.ratestogo.com - they specialize in last minute hotel reservations, and might well have something for you. I%26#39;m not usually able to plan very far ahead, and I%26#39;ve used these folks for years for hotels in numerous cities on three continents. I%26#39;ve found them to be completely reliable.




|||



I just tried ratestogo.com and they have not availble hotels for these date!!!




|||



Sorry to hear your bad news!





Try www.lastminute.com



www.expedia.com



www.venere.com





I%26#39;ll see if I can think of any more!





Andy




|||



Also





www.accorhotels.com



www.laterooms.com



www.reserve-hotel.com



www.francehotelreservation.com





Bon Chance!!




|||



I booked last minute with haveninparis.com, and they have a big apt available for dates you want. I dunno, they pro-rated mine for a shorter stay than one week. They%26#39;ve been more than great to deal with... I would give it a try! Good luck.




|||



1) Are you looking for three double rooms or some other combination?



2) Does it matter what kind of beds? Are doubles OK rather than twins?



3) What is your maximum budget? If three doubles are OK give us the max you can pay per room per night. If you need something different give us the max price per person per night.



All this info will help if we are to give you specific recommendations rather than web sites — not that there is anything wrong with those.




|||



TQ...



So sorry to hear about your dilemma! Not a very good way to get excited about an upcoming trip.



You could also look at france-hotel-guide.com



Many of the hotels that they book for offer real-time booking/availability, so you can easily see whether or not a particular hotel has availability. May help save some of the stress of emailing and calling to check.



Bonne chance with your search! Everything happens for a reason, I say....so I%26#39;m sure you will now stumble upon an even better or more charming hotel and that will make your stay that much more memorable! (lol...sorry for the slightly %26quot;hallmark%26quot; wish!)




|||



I agree with Irish, what is it you need? Three rooms? What price range?



I think it%26#39;s always best to contact hotels directly when trying to book a room, rather than going through a discounter web site. If you give us a range we could probably direct you to some possible hotels you could email tonight and have a reply tomorrow morning.




|||



Try this hotel: to-paris-hotels.com/forview/france/paris/qua…





It%26#39;s called the acanthe. It%26#39;s not in the city, it%26#39;s on the outskirts. It%26#39;s right outside the subway station, so very convenient and literally minutes from Paris proper. I stayed there for months while in Paris for work.





Good Luck.








|||



we would like single beds for all, but at this point we%26#39;d take sharing double%26#39;s.



we were to pay 110 per double room at hotel dieu, but if we have to pay more we will.



we wanted to stay near Notre Dame so that our mom could go to church, not have to walk to far, and be in a very charming area.



I%26#39;m so very disapointed.



thank you all for your help and words of encouragement. I pray we find something suitable, we wanted this trip to be special for our mom, if it were just us girls it wouldn%26#39;t matter so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment