Thursday, April 12, 2012

Fun with reservations

Several recent posts have been about making reservations, so I just wanted to share my recent experiences. I translated so I could say %26quot;Je voudrais faire reservations pour etc%26quot; and got the day/date/month and time phonetically plus the spelling of my name. So at 1000-19h00 in Paris- I telephoned and listened to make sure I had the correct place, then Bon Soir M. Parlez-vous anglais, svp? The first two places %26quot;non%26quot;, well ok and I managed to get through the request. I am good with like 12h30 or 1900, but I have a hard time with 12h45, so I know I got it right at L%26#39;Echuse for lunch, cause he repeated it back to me very slowly. But at Le Perron, I asked for a sept heures and I understood him to say that was too early and I know I caught something 45. Ah well, I%26#39;ll stop by and reconfirm in person. The one today- L%26#39;AOC- I asked parlez etc and he responded %26quot;I%26#39;ll try!%26quot; That one made my day. And he corrected my pronouncation after me, then repeated it in english. Don%26#39;t you love it? We go next week and I%26#39;m so excited.




|||



19h is very early for a restuarant to open and he was probably letting you kow that the firs tseating was 19h45, but even that is early, so I am not sure... congrats on doing it at all, though.




|||



Thanks to you phread. It%26#39;s always interesting esp. when you can%26#39;t see them to realize they don%26#39;t understand. But now that you said that abour 7:45, I%26#39;m pretty sure that%26#39;s what he said. But then it could be 8:45. I have no more reservations except at FIsh and I know they speak english as I have made reservations there before. But making those phone calls is part of the experience.




|||



Gomac, I agree that it%26#39;s part of the fun. There is a special sense of accomplishment when you%26#39;ve done it. Good for you.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, August 23, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment