Thursday, April 12, 2012

Euro Exchange (Irish Rov'r & Others pls)

Anybody know - where can I exchange my Irish Euros for French Euros?





Are there any FXs on the Belgian Border near Lille where I can exchange my French Euros for Belgian Euros.





Thanking you in Advance.




|||



Good question, beanalainn! ;-)



I always exchange mine with the guy with the sharp suit and the dark glasses who always seems to be around whenever I travel from Ireland to France.



Travelling from France to Belgium is a bit more complicated. The Belgians have just the slightest tendency to being bureaucratic (my apologies to any Belgian reading this, but that has been my experience...) so trying to take advantage of the %26quot;unofficial%26quot; exchange rate may not be a good idea. Best to just step into one of the major banks in Brussels (or one of their branches in Lille that unfortunately tend to have odd opening hours, like Tuesdays, Thursdays and alternate Fridays or Mondays from 10:30 to 12:30 except in odd-numbered months and February when it is 14:30 to 16:00...) fill out the necessary forms and %26quot;take your lumps.%26quot;



BTW, crossing the border from France into Belgium at some obscure place in the Ardennes, probably a long time before you were born, I saw (and I am not kidding here...) a neatly hand-written sign that read: %26quot;Persons making a declaration fraught with inexactiude are liable to the severest ennui.%26quot;




|||



That is really tricky. Are they green euros because the French really prefer the Red/white/blue ones :( If you are coming into Paris at Disneyland Paris you could exchange them for the pink version and then they are easily exchangeable for the RMB version in Paris Parc Asterix.



Hope that helps MM




|||



To TA for facilitating this exchange exchange, To IrishRovr and JBart for exchanging information about exchange, To my parents for conceiving me and to all my friends and everybody else:





Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank YouThank You Thank You Thank You Thank You





From the bottom of my heart :o)




|||



%26quot;RMB version in Paris Parc Asterix...%26quot;





Okay. You lost me here. What%26#39;s RMB? It%26#39;s obviously not RMB, the Chinese currency...




|||



Ok there were tears in my eyes I meant RWB - forgive me. How can anybody forgive me.......



In case you did not get that Red White and Blue.




|||



ROFL!!!



Do you mind if I borrow that for my Academy Award acceptance speech, bean?




|||



Ego te absolvo, Joan!




|||



I%26#39;m confused now about the recommendation to travel from France to Belgium on Thalys. What happens at the border? Is there a drive-thru currency exchange for the train?



Thanking everyone in advance ;-)




|||



Oh, dear, I%26#39;m crying with laughter. I wonder how many people you%26#39;ve managed to confuse today!!!




|||



%26lt;%26lt;I wonder how many people you%26#39;ve managed to confuse today!!!%26gt;%26gt;





Only those for whom there is no help.

No comments:

Post a Comment