Thursday, April 12, 2012

Dress code + Tattoos

We are planning to visit Laduree for their macaroons and a coffee but my husband has tattoos on his neck, this combined with a skinhead (shaved head) may not look too desirable to some. He will be dressed smart but casual............would it be likely that they may refuse him entry?



Also would it be a problem anywhere else?




|||



I do not think so! You see all kinds of characters in Paris. At le Louvre the other day I saw a guy who had his face completely tatooed and his ear lobes stretched to his shoulders. Nobofy stared even though it was a true work or art.




|||



If he is looking chic, he may even get the best table in the house!




|||



I couldn%26#39;t agree more with the ladies. Paris is much more tolerant and even celebratory of %26quot;alternative%26quot; looks. After all, that%26#39;s much of the inspiration for the unwearable clothing that goes down the couture runways twice a year. If you think your husband might look scary, go to www.men.style.com and check out this photo spread from the most recent John Galliano show:





…style.com/fashion/…JGMEN





Now, if I saw one of those guys wolfing down a macaron at Ladurée, I%26#39;d be scared!!




|||



I have a friend in Paris who is an %26quot;artiste%26quot;...he has quite the artistic look about him, too. He shuns all conventional looks. I bring him to all sorts of girly girl places when we are together, and nobody bats an eye...





Les




|||



Right, and I was concerned that I would be refused because I don%26#39;t wear a tie. Don%26#39;t know about france but in sweden they would get sued for not allowing a tatooed person. ( 10 000 € fine)




|||



Just be sure your husband does not wear khakis ;)




|||



My husband is definately not of the %26quot;Khaki%26quot; kind.........more the designer jeans and diesel shirt type LOL. The tattoo on his neck is 5 outlined stars running vertically from ear to collar bone (very rock and roll actually)........Once when we were in a spanish hotel he was mistaken for Michael Stipe from REM, it was hilarious! So maybe we could again ,get a bit of star treatment......Tee Hee!




|||



Go for it, get yourself a REM t-shirt and act like a starstruck groupie.




|||



LOL.........no probs but what do we dress my 60 year old mum as ?????




|||



%26lt;%26lt;but what do we dress my 60 year old mum as ?????%26gt;%26gt; Your Press agent.

No comments:

Post a Comment