Tuesday, April 17, 2012

2 Adults and 2 teens need accomodation in Paris

My husband an I are traveling to Paris in August and would like a hotel or apartment in the St. Germain area. We will be there one week at the beginning of our trip, then 3 days at the end before we return to the US.





I need to have separate sleeping areas for two 16 year olds (on boy and one girl!) or at least two separate beds.





Does anyone have any suggestions for an air conditioned accommodation that would work for us? I would like to keep the price at a 3 to 4 star rating.





Thank you so much for any advice!





Betina




|||



It isn%26#39;t so much the rating as the price you wish to pay.. there%26#39;s quite a blurry line between the *ratings.



I suggest two rooms so you also get two bathrooms.




|||







Thanks for the information about 3 and 4 star blurriness!





I guess I would like to spend about $250.00 per night if at all possible., so thought an apartment or small suite would work.







Betina




|||



Last Sept we stayed on rue Vavin in the 6th. Steps from the gates of Luxembourg Gdn. It was a 2BR apt. Master has a queen bed and the other BR has twin beds. It has AC. It also has a WC separate from the main bath. It is within your price range and we loved it. It was rented thru vacationinparis.com. It is called Luxembourg Splendor. Good luck.




|||



We went to Paris with our 15yr old daughter and 17yr old son last April. I found that an apartment was the best bet for sleeping arrangements and giving us all some space. We booked through Vacations in Paris, an American company which was very safe and helpful with matching our needs. It was also relatively inexpensive compared to hotels that we looked at. Have fun with your kids there, we had a ball!




|||



I further second the apartment idea - not so much from a comfort idea, but because I know how much food it takes to get a teenaged boy through 24 hours.





An apartment will allow you to have your normal breakfast rather than the French continental that a hotel will offer. You can do the coffee and croissant routine at a pastry shop (many have a few tables) for your mid morning break.





Additionally, you%26#39;ll be able to buy all the necessary snacks and beverages at supermarket prices. Try to interest your teens in French soft drinks, they%26#39;ll be much cheaper than Coca Cola. Don%26#39;t buy bottled water unless you really can%26#39;t stand the flavour of what comes out of the faucet. Tap water in western Europe is at least as drinkable as any in the US. To carry water with you , buy a set of botttles at the super market. and refill them from the tap.





Bon voyage.




|||



I thank all of you for the good advice. Does anyone out there have any suggestions for an apartment? Another family is traveling with us now and they insist on Air Conditioning.





I really don%26#39;t need it, but they have a heart condition.





This would mean I need an apartment that sleeps 8 people!




|||



There really are a lot of good apartment rental agencies out there. Most of the people who post on TA have had good experiences with them. The only one I have personal knowledge of is through vacationinparis.com. Look at the Eiffel Hideaway and the Garden Studio. They are in the same building. I recently stayed in the Eiffel Hideaway and it was perfectly adequate and clean. Also in a good area unless you are looking to be in the middle of an area with lively nightlife. As I was traveling with a teen, it didn%26#39;t matter so much. Good luck.




|||



If you are traveling with another family, I would personally suggest a two apartment situation if you can arrange it. My family really needed to have some space to decompress after all the sights and sounds of a foreign city. It really made a difference in how my teens felt for the duration of the trip. I was surprised at how much rest they needed compared to my husband and I.




|||



Points well taken in regards to well needed down time. Thank you. I will also check out the two apartments suggested by HappyGoin!




|||



Try the one-bedroom Citadines chain in Paris. Our configuration in included double bed in its own room; small twin bed in hallway (actually not so bad); and comfortable double sofa bed in living room. For privacy, you can close the door that separates living room from bedroom. Every Citadines room also comes equipped with full kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment