Monday, April 16, 2012

traveling from MC to Barcelona.

I can%26#39;t find a mini van. I think that%26#39;s a great idea driving.



Thank you for your advice. I am going to keep on searching for a rental company. I have my parents traveling with my husband and myself and the 2 kids so I need something big.



Any other suggestions???!!






|||



AutoEurope is showing both the Renault Espace and Citroen C8 in its French inventory, both 7 passenger vehicles. Kemwel is showing only the Renault Espace. The highway mileage on these vehicles is pretty good for a %26quot;people carrier%26quot; but you will probably save money on the rental with a manual transmission and certainly on fuel with a diesel engine if that option is available. As a side note the luggage space on these vehicles is not over-generous, probably no more than the trunk of a mid-size American car. AutoEurope is also showing a Chrysler Grand Voyager but IIRC that model has even less luggage space.



It may be that you will have to go to Nice to pick up one of these vehicles. In any case you should call *both* agencies on their toll-fre number to discuss your needs and see what they can do to accommodate you. As long as you are doing that you might as well ask how much a one way remtal to Barcelona would add to the cost. You could drive the entire distance in 8-9 hours with stops — and a three day trip if you can afford that much time would be delightful.



BTW did we ever establish when you are travelling?







PS: Rather than start a new topic just click on the %26quot;Reply to This Post%26quot; button and the thread will automatically exoend.




|||



Thank you. I am not very computer savy.



I appreciate so much information and I will use it!



i am now looking very much forward to this trip driving. I think it will be wonderful to stop whenever we feel we need to. I will call the 800 number. Thank you.



I am traveling April 20th to MC and then I am planning on returning on the 29th from Spain.



i did call to see how much air would be and one way is $900 u.s.



I said yikes!



Thank you again.




|||



Hi





I%26#39;d agree : rent a manual diesel 7 seater. You can read (in English !) about European car specs here : http://www.whatcar.co.uk





I drive these routes fairly often. Anticipate 5hrs 30 mins, more for stops and delays.





I reckon 2hrs 45mins Montpellier - Barcelona and the same MC - Montpellier. I did Cannes to Montpellier in 2hr 25 mins on Sunday. Currently, there are virtually no road works on that section.





It is a very easy route, and is virtually all autoroute. Tolls are payable in France %26amp; Spain.





Montpellier is about halfway. Suitable places to stay near the autoroute are Montpellier, Nimes, Sommieres, Sete.





I%26#39;ve got photos of the area here : the-languedoc-page.com/photos/languedoc-phot…





Peter














|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 23, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment