Thursday, April 19, 2012

Shuttle from CDG to Paris

I%26#39;ve been checking out airport shuttles. I know the yellow van is reliable. However, it costs more. I just found a Blue Airport Shuttle for 14.50 Euros. Has anyone heard of it or used it? I was really thinking of paying 8 Euros for the RER %26amp; Metro but I am exploring the posibility of taking a shuttle instead. I%26#39;m not crazy about dragging my bag up and down stairs.




|||



Where exactly are you going?




|||



My hotel is in the Latin Quarters.




|||



Hi Brudda,





I am also trying to work out how to get from CDG to the Latin Quarter. What is the blue bus you mentioned?





Thanks!




|||



Read this thread:





tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187147-c58647/Paris:…




|||



You could take the shuttle : http://www.Bluvan.fr







Trip from CDG to Paris for two is 29 euros total includes luggage fees. ( drivers speak English)







or check the rates :







paris-blue-airport-shuttle.fr/prices_roissy.…







Some have used them many times over the years and recently just last summer in May and in June ... theyhave not had any problems with them.









I think ( IMO) for a first timer either a taxi or the shuttle is less stressful especially after a long flight.




|||



brudda -



There certainly have been reports of problems with BluVan as wih just about every shuttle company in Paris — lost baggage, no-show and late shuttles, two hour and longer trips — and more.



These few threads turned up by a quick search make instructive reading. I don%26#39;t doubt a more thorough search would turn up more. Some of the responses give every bit as much reason for concern as the original posts.





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k31911…



tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k55577…



tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k80986…





My one experience with a shuttle in Paris was quite a few years ago when I allowed myself to be persuaded by the hotel we were staying in to use one of the shuttle services. (I no longer recall which.) Their late arrival was almost the cause of our missing a trans-Atlantic flight and made for a very tense morning. I would not use a shuttle in Paris and the Parisians I know do not either. I think they know what they are doing and doubt they are any more interested in wasting money than the average tourist...



No doubt the majority of shuttle users are satisfied with the service they receive, but I wouldn%26#39;t want you or anyone else to think these services are problem-free. For me the additional few Euros for the reliability of a taxi or the minor added inconveninece of the Air France coach service is well worth the peace of mind — assuming there is a good reason for not using the RER which is usually my preferred mode of transport from and to CDG.




|||



Hi Brudda





Unless you are unlucky and the escalators are not working, you can use the escalators or the lift to get to the RER line B at CDG and then take RER B to Gare du Nord (or to St Michel or Chatelet) and usually have an escalator working to get you to the surface. My preference is to take the RER B to Gare du Nord and then go to the cab rank and take a cab to the Latin Quarter. There is often a long line but never in my experience more than 20 mins for a cab but, as some say, YMMV. The cab fare is usually about 12 to 15 Euros - and I have arrived at various hours and on different days of the week - but traffic can vary. so could be a bit longer to wait or a bit higher in price. That is just my preference, as I don%26#39;t much like shuttles anywhere.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 21, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment