Saturday, April 21, 2012

Another Train Resrvatios Question

My wife and I will be traveling through Europe through the month of June for our 30th anniversary. We will be using a Eurail Global Pass Saver. I know I need reservations for the TVG from Brussels to Paris (on a Sunday), the TVG from Paris to Antibes (on a Wednesday), the 369 night train from Nice to Rome (on a Saturday), and the 314 night train from Rome to Zurich (On a Sunday). Since we are traveling in June, should I make these reservations now and pay a higher price, or I am I safe in waiting until we get to Europe? Thanks in advance for all of your help. TA has been wonderful in helping me plan this trip.




|||



Anyone?




|||



Hi larryj41, you have the choice of six of one or half a dozen of the other really. To me the peace of mind of having everything booked before the holiday, balances the extra cost. I feel that you take a holiday to not have to worry about things whilst you are away. At least then, if you have to change anything en-route, you do have a fall back position. As you already have your Eurail pass lined up, take a look at the following website which will give you the option of several routes and the various times of departure for your proposed itinerary:





plannerint.b-rail.be/bin/query.exe/en…





Using this web site, you will be able to assess the options available to you, their times and durations that suit you and perhaps ask the provider of your Eurail pass to book them.





You may well be safe waiting until you arrive in Europe to book, I suppose the real question is what do you really want to do?




|||



What weeks in June are we talking about?



As long as you are not too concerned about travelling on a particular train from Brussels to Paris and from Paris to Antibes you should be OK with those. I don%26#39;t think you%26#39;d have a problem geting seats on the Thalys from Brussels except perhaps in the late afternoon/early evening when weekenders might be returning home or business travellers getting an early start on the week. A mid-week train to Antibes shouldn%26#39;t be a problem either.



The night trains might be a little more problematic if you are planning to book private cabins in first class on those trains. There is only a fairly limited number of those and they could sell out for a particular train.



I hope others will chime in here because really I%26#39;m guessing a bit on the night trains. It%26#39;s been quite a while since I travelled on a night train in Europe...




|||



Thank you. I appreciate your responses!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, August 24, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment