Thursday, April 12, 2012

What is a yarn scammer?

Anyone want to clue me in so I know what%26#39;s going on?




|||



Are you referring to the bracelet guys near the funicular going up to Mont Marte? If so, They are guys who approach tourists and tie yarn bracelets on their wrists and then demand to be paid.





I always walk by them wih my hands in my pockets and don%26#39;t make eye contact. One guy was being very pushy so I said No as forcefully as I could.




|||



Thanks Suzanne, that%26#39;s what I think the woman who wrote the wonderful narrative about traveling with her teen-age ami was referring to. Now I, too (along with my very %26#39;smiley%26#39; teen-age girls) will be prepared -thanks to your hands in pockets strategy.




|||



Just walk briskly to the funicular and don%26#39;t acknowlege them. There are some of those coin operated (now free) toilettes there and it looked to me like they were cathing people as they exited from the toilettes. There is a public restroom over to the right of the basilic so if you need to go wait til you get up there. FYI it is co-ed. But the stall doors come to the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment